Friday, May 22, 2009

Vegan Update: Magic Chocolate Cake

Hey there, fellow foodies! Just a quick vegan update: I'm loving it! Actually, I've felt more passionate in the last few weeks about why I've made this decision about what I put into my body. 3 months ago, this was my 'vegan experiment' but it has definitely turned into a lifestyle. And I'm thankful for this new awareness. But like my friend Karen says, in reality, it's all about balance. Being intentional about eating is helping me achieve a more balanced lifestyle. And yes, now and then, I do drink Diet Mountain Dew. And I enjoy it.

These last few months, I've learned a lot about food systems and food production in the United States. I'd say most of what I've learned disturbs me. But, on the other hand, it's always exciting to see people who've commited to small, local, sustainable farming. And I think it's a growing movement.

I'd say I'm probably a 95% vegan because I've continued to eat baked goods at group gatherings, and I think there are usually eggs in baked goods. HOWEVER, check out THIS fabulous recipe for Magic Chocolate Cake. I watched a cooking DVD this afternoon from Netflix, and it had this great vegan chocolate cake recipe. If you click that link, you'll be connected to the whole segment on how to make it. I want to try it out sometime soon!

Thanks again for joining me on this journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment